Tuesday, January 27, 2015

So little time: My last visit with my nutritionist before my pre op appointment

A few days ago I saw my nutritionist for the last time before my pre-op appointment in March. We talked about the vitamins I will be taking for the rest of my life as well as the protein shakes I will need to take both before and after surgery.

And I found out a few interesting things about protein shakes. Firstly there are way more flavors than chocolate milk, strawberry milk, and vanilla milk. There are also lots of options for lactose intolerant people. Including flavors that do not taste like milk!!!

Personally I can't stand the taste of milk and the thickness of it, so finding out that there are protein supplement powders that taste like juice, and one that tastes like chicken broth, as well as an unflavored variety that can be put into other things is super exciting to me.

Syntrax nectar makes flavors that are specially made to taste like juice. As well as cookie and chocolate flavor

Injury has a powder that taste like chicken broth and one that taste like strawberry juice.

I received samples of both of those 2 unjury flavors as well as several samples of vitamins. I took pictures of my samples next to common items for a size comparison; quarter, penny, pens, & post-it notes.

All the samples

Chewable Vitamins in both soft chew and tablet chew varieties. Compared to a quarter and a penny.

Individual protein powder packets in chicken broth and strawberry sorbet. Compared to post-it notes, a quarter & a penny.


***On another note, 61 days left till my surgery!!!!!!!!!***

No comments:

Post a Comment