Saturday, January 31, 2015

Trekking without a Car

So since around thanksgiving I haven't had a car. The only car my family had was wrecked because of the door being to heavy for the hinges. So now we have no car. Yuck!

If you have ever gone for a long time without a car you know how much this sucks. If not it's a lot harder than you can imagine. Before going through it myself I never could have fully realized how difficult it is to have no car. I am very lucky to live in between 2 large grocery stores because that makes getting what I need a lot easier. No long trips in a bus to get groceries

Even though I live in a small city, It is the main hub for the smaller cities and towns for quite a ways around us. Luckily I can take the bus to most places in town. But it still makes travel difficult and doing errands becomes an all day thing even to only go to 2 different stores, in different plaza's.

Fortunately mass health provides rides for members to get to their appointments. But you have to remember to call 3 days ahead and they can't come to get us to take us to concord until 10am and won't come pick it's up if we stay later than 2:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment