Thursday, January 1, 2015

My New Years Resolution

Now that the new year is upon us I thought this was the perfect time to discuss my new years resolution for 2015.

For the first time in forever I am actually making a resolution that I'm sure I will be sticking too. Usually in the past when weight loss was my goal for the new year it has been unachievable. Not that I didn't try, because I certainly did, it has simply been out of my reach to lose the amount of weight I need to loose to be healthy. On top of that I live in one of the coldest parts of Massachusetts, which makes the time of year that I can exercise outdoors relatively short considering my need to cut my current weight by at least half in order to reach my goal weight. Most gym memberships are costly and even the college I attend does not offer a free membership to their gym upon enrollment.

Of course those are just a few factors that have made losing weight more difficult. There are so very many more.

This year is different, on March 30th  I'm getting gastric bypass surgery. So no matter what I will lose weight. And just as it starts to warm up in my corner of the world I will be gaining tons of energy from the bypass and should have already lost a bit of weight making exercising easier.

My surgery is in 87 days. I can't believe how far I have come in my journey, but I still have a long way to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment