Sunday, December 7, 2014

My decision for a healthier life

Hi my name is Liz I'm 25 and I haven struggled with my weight for much of my life. I was not fat growing up I was the same size as my friends, but when I looked at them I saw saw someone who was thin, and beautiful. But when I looked at myself I saw flab, and pudge.

The turning point for me and my weight was when I was in middle school, the sixth grade in fact. My father had just been arrested for sexual abuse against me. This led to major depression and PTSD. I found comfort in food, which led to a lot of weight gain. By the time i was in the eighth grade I had gone from a size 10 to a size 20.

My weight went back down quite a bit my sophomore year of high school. I lost a lot of weight by being in colorguard, the highschool play and walking back and forth from school for class as well as practice. But there is no way in the state I'm in now I could possibly do that much activity along with the lack of eating I was doing at the time.

After I graduated from highschool my weight skyrocketed because I had found myself in a bad relationship and food became a comfort again. Even though I left that relationship several years ago I still find myself comforting with food. I just want food to let loose its control of me, and my life. And surgery will make that possible.

In June of 2014 I attended an informational seminar about bariatric surgery hosted by Emmerson hospital. They were very informative and by the end of the seminar my mind was completely made up, I decided that I would be having surgery so that I could lead a better life, a longer and happier one as well.

On August 25th had my first appointment at the clinic and on the 27th I attended my very first nutrition group meeting. And I know I'm not looking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment