Tuesday, December 9, 2014

My new CPAP machine

On Friday I finitely received my very first CPAP machine. It's pretty compact, and is the feminine travel model. Which is an automatic pressure machine, with a humidifier and a full face mask. I need the face mask because I sleep with my mouth wide open. When I wake up I tend to have a dry mouth, which can be very uncomfortable.

The machine is actually very easy to use, and no where near as difficult to sleep with it on as I thought it would be. However I do feel a lot like Darth Vader wearing this mask.

Surprisingly enough my cat is not afraid of the machine, and Buddy is afraid of everything!!! I'm sure it helps that the machine is so quiet.

I am already able to tell that I'm getting better quality sleep, but it is difficult to sleep for long periods of time. It is possible that is a side effect of getting sick better sleep than I have in a long time.

There is one problem with the CPAP though, the mask doesn't fit me right. I'm getting blisters and cuts inside my mouth from the mask, and I'm also getting some bruising on my cheekbones right by my nose. On the bright side I called my provide and they will come out to give me a different mask tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment