Sunday, February 22, 2015

Pictures added: 35 days left, I'm in the home stretch!

There are only 35 days left until my surgery! I have purchased most of what I'll be needing for my stay in the hospital. Also I'm on track with the purchasing schedule I planned out for myself.

Here is what I have bought so far:

A large black Duffle bag, I didn't have a suitcase so I needed to purchase one.

A thin but cozy large blanket. I like to have my own blanket when staying in a new place. So I bought one that I could easily pack and I was comfortable with. 

Travel size items: deodorant, an empty squeeze bottle for body wash, mouthwash, toothpaste, toothbrush covers, q-tips, scented hand sanitizer.

Blender bottles, as mentioned in a previous post. (On top is a "GoStack", also made by blender bottle, for easy storage on the go)

A 4x a day medicine planner. This is an interesting one. The first planner I bought was way way way too small (although it was adorable) Now I have to buy a replacement one. But my God Sister purchased one that one of each of the celebrate pills fit into one compartment with room to spare.

It just so happens that was the first planner I had looked at. Initially I had decided not to get it so we wouldn't have the same planners, but after I had to return the other one, I decided to buy the one I was going to get before & I labeled mine so that they wouldn't get mixed up.

I was thinking about buying a toiletry bag but I decided to use the one I already have, because it's free, and I don't need to bring much anyway.

I know this is a little gross to some people but I will most likely not wash my hair while I'm in the hospital, but I'm bringing shampoo & conditioner anyway. Just in case I need to wash it. My reason is because I have curly hair and I will be straight ironing it for my stay, so that my hair doesn't get horribly tangled. straightening makes my hair a lot easier to manage since I won't want to be doing my normal complicated shower routine. In order to bathe I will simply put my hair up and wear a shower cap. Showers go a lot faster that way as well

Oh and did I mention my fancy thermos water bottle that has a lock and a counter on the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment