Saturday, February 28, 2015

30 days and counting

I'm now 30 days away from surgery. On Monday 3/2/2015 I will have my pre-surgery nutrition appointment. I still have a few items left to order mainly vitamins & protein drinks.
The day that my God Sister/BFF goes in for surgery marks my first day of protein liquid diet. 
.
The liquid diet lasts 2 weeks. (Here is it broken down accordion to my surgeons wishes)
For the first 12 days I will replace 2 out of 3 meals with protein shakes. I get to have one protein rich meal per day. And small protein filled snacks if I am physically hungry through out the day. The snacks must consist of 7-12grams of protein.
.
For the last 2 days or 48 hours I will only be consuming protein shakes (3 per day), and clear liquids. And beginning at midnight the day of surgery I am not allowed to eat or drink anything until after my surgery and once I am okay-ed to do so by the surgeon. Even then it will only be very small amounts.
 .
On another note my God sister starts her liquid diet on Monday, and my mother begins hers the day I go in for surgery.
.
My family's gastric bypass surgery dates:
.
My God sister: Monday March 16
Myself: Monday March 30
My Mom: Monday April 13

No comments:

Post a Comment