Thursday, March 5, 2015

More gut problems; hemorrhoids

Ugg. It turns out I have even more gut problems than I thought. I had noticed a small amount of intestinal discomfort lately but I didn't see this coming.

***(I will be talking about some yucky stuff now so if you don't want to read about my hemorrhoid don't read this post, this is the only warning.)***

Over the last week or two I have had a tiny amount of blood appear on my toilet paper about half of the time I wiped my butt. My skin is so sensitive that in the freezing & dry New England winter I simply thought my anus was chapped. To try and heal it I put vitamin A&D on it.

I did that for about a week. And then Wednesday (yesterday) morning I was getting ready to go to work and there were a few drops of blood in the toilet after I urinated. I was a bit freaked out and I checked the internet to see what I should do. Ok not so much iattempted to find out what was wrong but mostly I was glad my mom happened to be up so she could help me figure this out.

After a bit I decided that I would do my bus monitor shift since it was only for the morning and would only take from 5:45am to 9:30/10:00am at the latest. I decided that I would call the doctor to set up an appointment when there were no kids on board since the driver that day was my god sister anyway so I didn't mind her knowing about my problem.

Unfortunately for me after I made a bowel movement a short while later the toilet was filled with blood. I freaked right out and had to call out of work then and there and take a trip to the ER.

No comments:

Post a Comment