Monday, March 9, 2015

So many medications and supplements, so little time.

Only 20 days left until surgery, and 1 week from today I start my pre-op diet. (The same day my God Sister goes in for surgery)

I have purchased just about everything I need to prepare. I still need a few key items that I found out about at my consent signing appointment today.

It's not like they piled on a whole new list of things I need. They are a few prescriptions some are for everyone, and one is tailored to me. That would be the liquid stool softener because of my hemorrhoid. And a prescription for lessening the risk of gallstones (if you don't have a gallbladder you don't need that one.). I also revived a perception for the pain medication I will need post-op, and an antacid to help the pouch heal faster.

I was also suggested to buy gas-x or another gas reliever. Because of the large amounts of gas pains commonly experienced after the roux-ny bypass surgery.

So in total that makes 4 prescription medications, 3 vitamin supplements, and a gas reliever. (Not including the psych medicine I already take.)

Below are pictures of the Vitamins I purchased and the sizes of each type of pill compared to a US penny. 

Bottles of the B-12, Multivitamin with iron, & Calcium Citrate. 

B-12
Multivitamin with iron
Calcium Citrate

No comments:

Post a Comment